|Send our coupons directly to your mobile phone! |
To view our new and pre-owned specials, just click on the “Specials” tab below – you won’t be sorry you did!
*Warranty is a limited powertrain warranty. For details, see retailer or go to kia.com.
| || || || |
| | $750 for Flood Relief!
Community Kia stands ready to help you!
We know how overwhelming it can feel trying to pick up the mess Hurricane Harvey left behind. At Community Kia, we'll make replacing your vehicle a breeze. Receive $750 in flood relief on all new Kias, plus up to 90 days with no payments! [FULL STORY]
| | This Month's Brain Teaser!
It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time. This little test should help you get started.
During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines if a patient should be institutionalized.
"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub. Then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the bathtub."Okay, here's your test:
- Would you use the spoon?
- Would you use the teacup?
- Would you use the bucket?
"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket, as it is larger than the spoon."
What was the director's response?
To see the answer, click on “Full Story”! [FULL STORY]
| | Halloween Trivia!
Answers are listed at the end of the Safety Tips for Halloween article!
1. Halloween has it’s origins from:
- Celtic Festival – Samhain
- Mexican Festival – Los Dias de los Muertos
- Japanese Buddhist – Obon
2. Before pumpkins were used for Jack –o-lanterns, these were used:
3. Halloween is celebrated on the eve of:
- All Saint’s Day
- Guy Fawkes Night
- Fall Equinox
4. When and where did trick or treating become a tradition?
- 1780’s Ireland
- 1800’s Buenos Aires
- 1950’s USA
5. Which of these is NOT a traditional Halloween party staple?
- Snipe hunting
- Cow tipping
- Apple bobbing
6. Which U.S. city holds the biggest Halloween celebration?
- Salem, MA
- New York City, NY
- Wichita Falls, KS
7. In Quebec, Canada instead of saying “Trick or Treat!” children say:
- Trick or Trade
- La charite s’il-vous plait
| | Vehicle Profile: 2018 Kia Rio
Meet the star of the subcompact segment
The subcompact vehicle segment is one of the most competitive in the automotive industry. Prospective buyers expect these vehicles to be affordable without compromising everything that makes bigger cars fetch top dollar: space first and foremost, advanced safety, a generous list of standard convenience and tech features, good fuel economy and engaging driving dynamics. It seems an impossible task and yet it is a testament to the Kia Rio’s strengths that last year, it was the automaker’s best-selling car globally. [FULL STORY]
| | Vehicle Profile: 2018 Kia Soul Turbo
The Soul, but stronger
Ever since its hamster-themed launch in 2010, the Kia Soul has been regarded by many as the quintessential urban vehicle thanks to its funky and fresh styling, lots of convenience by way of ample equipment and space, and advanced features aimed at a tech-savvy crowd. The one thing it lacked, perhaps, was more power—but that all changed when the Soul Turbo was introduced in 2017. [FULL STORY]
| | Importance of Breast Cancer Screenings
Breast cancer screenings help detect breast cancer before you even notice it
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and, according to the American Cancer Society, breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women in the United States. [FULL STORY]
| | Community to Sponsor TVE for Seventh Year
For the seventh consecutive year, Community Toyota*Honda*KIA will be the automotive sponsor for the Trinity Valley Exposition on October 13 - 21 at the TVE Fairgrounds in Liberty, TX.
For the past 107 years TVE has stood strong as one of the oldest and largest events of its kind. Over those years the organization has worked to strengthen its core values of "Leading the way by furthering the education of the youth of Liberty and Chambers Counties". In the past 36 months the TVE has delivered an excess of $1.2 million dollars to the youth of these great counties. This milestone far exceeds any previous three year span by over 20%. It is because of the generous support of the community as well as its committed group of volunteers and sponsors that make this all possible. During this three year period, the TVE has also been able to make substantial capital improvements to the existing facility. The TVE and its leadership are very excited about these milestones and is looking forward to another 100 year of growth and excitement. In 2017 the TVE will award $26,500.00 to students from Liberty and Chambers counties that are college bound.
The event includes a livestock show and auction, carnival, a nightly PRCA Rodeo, and live entertainment. For complete information, go to www.tvefair.com. [FULL STORY]
| || || || |
| | Veterans Day November 11
Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I.
Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day – a common misunderstanding, according to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Memorial Day (the fourth Monday in May) honors American service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle, while Veterans Day pays tribute to all American veterans–living or dead–but especially gives thanks to living veterans who served their country honorably during war or peacetime.
Veterans Day Facts
- In 1954, President Eisenhower officially changed the name of the holiday from Armistice Day to Veterans Day.
- In 1968, the Uniform Holidays Bill was passed by Congress, which moved the celebration of Veterans Day to the fourth Monday in October. The law went into effect in 1971, but in 1975 President Ford returned Veterans Day to November 11, due to the important historical significance of the date.
- Britain, France, Australia and Canada also commemorate the veterans of World Wars I and II on or near November 11th: Canada has Remembrance Day, while Britain has Remembrance Sunday (the second Sunday of November). In Europe, Britain and the Commonwealth countries it is common to observe two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. every November 11.
| | Halloween Safety Tips for Adults
Parents of trick-or-treating kids can get so caught up in the fun themselves that they might forget some simple safety ideas that could keep everyone out of trouble.
Having a fun and safe Halloween will make it all worth-while! Kids love Halloween! They get to dress up and get free candy! What a perfect holiday! Read these tips and give your kids some precious Halloween memories that they'll have for life.
- If you take your kids to a sponsored event, like a safe Halloween thrown by your church or community center, make sure to keep an eye on them at all times. Even though it seems less dangerous, you are still in a strange environment full of people that you don't know. All it takes is a minute with your back turned to find your child gone.
- Cell phones are everywhere now! Everyone seems to have one, they can be so affordable. Make sure that your child has a pre-programmed cell phone with him/her if they go out on Halloween night! Make sure that all important numbers are already there and ready for use.
- As bad as it sounds, this is just a fact of life now. Get on the internet and check your local state website for sex offenders. Almost every state has one, just do a search for your state sex offender site. Look up your zip code and it should have a list of registered offenders in your area that includes street addresses. Make sure that your kids stay away from these houses!
| | DIY Halloween Decorations
Celebrate Halloween with these fun do-it-yourself decoration projects
Halloween decorations have become expensive and often over-the-top, making decorating for the holiday seem like too much of a hassle. [FULL STORY]
| | Kia Celebrates United States Production of 1 Millionth Sorento
Kia's Georgia plant reaches notable milestone
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Inc. (KMMG) celebrated the production of its one millionth Kia Sorento SUV. The vehicle in question—a 2018 Kia Sorento SXL—was painted in the same snow white pearl color as the first and was put on display at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. [FULL STORY]
| | Kia Stinger Entertains Celebrities at New York Fashion Event
See the Kia Stinger in action
To promote the upcoming launch of its all-new Stinger, Kia brought the grand touring vehicle to a recent big fashion event in New York City to give supermodels and fashion insiders a chance to get behind the wheel and take in the car’s looks and performance. [FULL STORY]