1. A spooked turkey can run
A. 50 miles an hour
B. 5 miles an hour
C. 20 miles an hour
D. 60 miles an hour
2. What utensils did the pilgrims eat with at the first thanksgiving?
A. They were proper Englishmen. They had all the basic utensils.
B. Their hands
C. A spoon and knife
D. A fork
E. B and C
F. C and D
3. According to popular legend, where did the male "tom" turkey get its name?
A. The popular Tom and Jerry Show.
B. Benjamin Franklin named it after Thomas Jefferson when he would not allow it to be the national bird.
C. A tom cat. Wild turkeys were just like wild cats back then. They would roam around and get into fights all the time.
4. What foods were served at the first thanksgiving?
E. Boiled pumpkin
G. A, B, and E
H. A, C, D, and F
5. What Indian tribe was invited to spend thanksgiving with the pilgrims?
C. Red Sox
6. How many degrees can a turkey see with its eyes?
A. 360 degrees
B. 100 degrees
C. 270 degrees
D. 90 degrees
7. What is a baby turkey called?
A. A chick
B. A squab
C. A poult
D. A goblet
8. What was the name of the Indian chief that helped the pilgrims survive the winter?
D. Sitting Bull
9. How can a turkey drown when it's raining?
A. By looking up.
B. By getting its beak stuck in the mud.
C. By hiding it's head between its legs.
10. What vegetable did the pilgrims have available for thanksgiving but did not use because they thought it was poisonous?
11. Who was the first president to pardon a turkey from thanksgiving dinner?
12. What percentage of pilgrims who sailed on the mayflower survived to celebrate thanksgiving?
13. Do turkeys have heart attacks?
14. Which gender of turkey says "gobble, gobble"?
A. The female, when she is eating.
B. They both do!
C. The male, but only seasonally and when going to sleep.
15. What does cornucopia mean?
A. Horn of plenty.
B. The goddesses' blessings.
C. May your table always be full and your friends many.
16. Who was the first astronaut to eat a turkey dinner on the moon?
A. Tom Hanks
B. Neil Armstrong
C. James Lovell, Jr.
17. Who was the first president to make thanksgiving a national holiday?
18. How high must a cranberry bounce before it is harvested?
A. 12 inches
B. 8 inches
C. 36 inches
D. 4 inches
19. The original thanksgiving lasted how long?
A. 2 months
B. 14 days
C. 7 days
D. 3 days
20. Plymouth Rock is how big today?
A. The size of Manhattan
B. The size of a car engine.
C. The size of Carnegie Hall.
D. The size of a peanut.
E. The size of New York Block.